One-Stop for all your Mountain Adventure Needs

Park City Resort


Park City Mountain Resort

Opening Day: November 18 2016
Closing Day: April 16, 2017
Hours: 9:00am to 4:00pm (MST) * Times May Vary During Holidays and Weekends
How do I get there? View Map

Park City History

Park City is Born

In 1868 Army soldiers discovered rich silver veins in the hills above that would become Park City. George Snyder a Mormon polygamist, built a boarding house with is third wife Rhoda near where the present town lift is located in downtown Park City. On the Fourth of July, 1872 the early miners raised Rhoda’s hand sewn American Flag over the Snyder’s log house. George declared “We shall call this place Parley’s Park City” Very soon after the Parley was dropped and the new booming mining town had its name.

The First Skiers

As early as the 1880’s for transportation the miners used what they called “longboard snowshoes” back and forth from the mines. In the 1920’s skiing was becoming a recreational sport. Scandinavian miners build a jump on the Creole Mine dump, (now the Creole ski run to the Town lift). They would hold jumping tournaments. The young adults of Park City created the Park City Ski Club which would guide kids and adults on sk tours on what would be come Park City Mountain Resort. In 1923 the Park City Record newspaper would predict that skiing would make Park City a winter sports mecca

Park City Opens

In 1963 Park City (originally named Treasure Mountain) would open with help from a federal loan meant for economically depressed rural towns. The $1.2 million from the loan would help bring a gondola, base and summit lodges, a chairlift and a J-bar plus a 9 Hole golf course.

The World in Park City

In March 1985 Park City would hold its first World Cup ski race, in 2002 the Olympic Winter Games came to Park City. Since 1981 the Sundance Film Festival has been in Park City. Bringing many people from around the world to Park City.

Base Elevation
6,00 Feet
Peak Elevation 10,000 Feet
Vertical Rise3,100 Feet
Average Annual Snowfall 360 inches
Acreage (Total Skiable Area) 3,300 acres, spread over eight peaks
BowlsMcConkey's, Molly's, Puma, Scott's and Jupiter
Trail Classification
Conventional Trails
166 trails
Longest RunHomerun, 3.5 miles long
Terrain ParksKing's Crown Superpark, 3 Kings (lighted), Neff Land and Little Kings
Pipes1 Superpipe (Eagle), 1 Minipipe (Merrill Mini)
Total Number of Lifts16 lifts: 4 high-speed, six-passenger chairs; 3 high-speed quads; 7 triples; 2 doubles; and 3 conveyors
Total Uphill Capacity31,000 guests per hour