Granby Ranch Resort
Grandby Ranch Ski Resort, Colorado
According to the latest 2011 travel trends, multigenerational travel and learning trips are on the rise. For skiers and families planning a ski vacation, that means choosing destinations that are family friendly, accessible for kids as well as grandparents, and that offer specialized instruction. That’s been good news for ski resorts like Granby Ranch’s SolVista Basin, in the heart of Colorado ski country. “Family friendly” is more than just lip service here—the resort recently played host to four generations of the Duggar family of The Learning Channel’s hit show “19 Kids and Counting.” But that’s not our only news. Here at SolVista, we’ve also been growing—adding residences, terrain, rental gear, packages, a fabulous new outdoor pool and spa, and more to make this our most exciting season yet.
What’s Great at Granby Ranch’s Basin
- A year-round, energy-efficient outdoor pool and spa with state-of-the-art technology
- “Get on the snow” Program. If you are ready to learn how to ski or snowboard, Granby is the place to go!
- Winter Weddings. Ride the chair lift to Vista Ridge, an overlook nestled in an aspen grove at SolVista Basin with breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains. Nestled in an aspen grove, Vista Ridge is perfect for a snow white wedding, followed by a fireside reception at Base Camp Lodge.
- A fully-lit park during skiing and tubing on Saturday nights.
- “Ted’s Secret Stash,” an all natural log park off the run “Jackalope”
- “Nessie” a rainbow rail shaped like the legendary Loch Ness Monster
- “A-Frame” log jib
- “Tree Bonk” jib
- “Up to Flat” jib
- “The Dish,” a six-foot jib at SolVista Terrain Park, once used in communicating with orbiting satellites from outer space
- Special ski and ride packages for groups of twenty or more, with discounts of up to 25%
Granby Ranch Ski Resort – Family / Kid Friendly Fun!
FAMILY-FRIENDLY SKI TERRAIN
With a series of lifts and trails from green to black, everyone can start at their own comfort level, and all trails lead back to the base area, so families can keep track of little ones. SolVista Basin at Granby Ranch is a place where your friends and family can have fun, connect, and enjoy the natural environment of the 2 Colorado Rocky Mountains. We have specific terrain that is gentle and perfect for learning. You can keep everyone together or let the kids explore on their own—without worrying about anyone getting lost.
SKI – SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTION
Learn to ski or snowboard at SolVista Basin’s Ski and Ride School, utilizing award-winning teaching methods. Like everything at Granby Ranch, our family-friendly amenities make it easy. Learn the basics of turning and stopping safely, or take a private lesson to learn more advanced carving, racing, “bump” skiing and newer freestyle techniques through Guest Centered Teaching Methods. SolVista Basin Ski and Ride School enables beginners to improve their skiing faster with a direct-to-parallel approach that utilizes specific body movements in conjunction with shaped skis. SolVista Basin Ride School incorporates a gentle beginner hill with six Progression Terrain Parks as the perfect landscape for connecting turns and learning jumps. Thanks to our gentle terrain and revolutionary Children’s Center programs, SolVista Basin has gained a reputation as an excellent place to learn and develop a lifetime of love for mountain activities.
SolVista 5.2 acres of gladed skiing between “Bounty Hunter” and “Jackpot.” The newly thinned area is for skiers and riders who enjoy tree skiing, but want to do so safely and in-bounds. The trees cleared were beetle-kill pines, with healthy trees left standing to create interest and scenery for skiers. The new trails have a north-facing aspect, which means better and more-reliable snow conditions.
SolVista Mountain Characteristics
Base Elevation 8,202 ft.
Top Elevation 9,202 ft.
Vertical Drop 1,000 ft.
Number of Trails 37
Skiable Acres 406
Uphill Capacity 6,000 skiers per hour
Lifts 2 quads, 1 triple, 1 double, 2 surface
Average snowfall 220 inches (18.5 ft.)
Terrain Park 6 Progression Parks
Beginner Trails 30%
Intermediate Trails 50%
Advance Trails 20%